Brief Description: Windshiled trim and upper window install
Although this is the first log entry in 10 days, I have been active almost daily for a few minutes each day.
Today I used the belt sander to trim the upper corners of the windshield. They were abutting the upper window so I wanted to create a gap between the two. This took several iterations of on-and-off of the windshield. Fits nicely now.
Once the windshield was done, I started the upper window. Due to the placement of the upper door window ribs, I needed to trim one side since it was hanging over the edge of the ribs. Smoothed and filed to a soft finish.
Once that was done, I had to measure the flutes on the upper ribs and mark their location on the upper window so that I didn't drill holes where they were located. Once the window was finally removed, I marked a 10mm centerline from the edge of the window, then marked 100mm spacing for the rivets. These holes will need to be drilled with acrylic drill bits to avoid cracking the acrylic.