Several times today I applied topcoat recoats of hammertone paint to the panel. First this this AM was to prime it with Rustoleum Aluminium Primer. After I let that dry 15 minutes, I started with the first color coats.
Then it was on to the torque tube rear attach bracket. This got the head scratching since usually the welded parts from Zenith are in pretty good shape. When I test-fit the black rear bearing to the supporting cross-channel, it was obvious something was wrong. The bracket stuck down quite a bit lower than the cross channel. I started taking some pics to send to Zenith, but then decided there was enough "meat" above the line to just cut off the offending piece and go from there.
When I checked the plans, it showed the right side in pic 2 below needing only 18 mm; Mine was close to 40 mm. So I just marked it and used a cutoff wheel to make short work of it. I then had to paint the lower cut edge for rust purposes.
I decided to pilot-drill the crossmember channel. Based on where it was positioned in the hell hole, it was obvious the factory-drilled center hole would be occluded by another L angle piece, so I measured the space I needed and drilled as shown in pic 3 below. Decided to updrill to the final #20 size.