Brief Description: Motor mounts / donut suspension / drill nosewheel
1. Drilled the new lower inner motor mounts, deburred, chamfered at front hole for MS-screw for bolt clearance, removed, and painted.
2. De-labeled parts for the new donut suspension system for the nose wheel.
3. Painted main landing gear mounts with a second coat.
4. Drilled the front and rear stops for the top of the new donut suspension upper stop. Riveted with A6 rivets.
5. Installed AN3 bolts to hold the nose wheel suspension upper stop in place.
6. Installed new donut suspension upper stop assembly. Held with #20 cleco's. Updrilled 16 holes to support AN3 bolts, so to #12. Removed stop assy and deburred. Reinstalled and installed AN3 hardware and torqued to spec.
7. Placed masking tape on the bottom of the nosewheel strut. Marked 6 holes that will be used to hold the strut to the upper wheel fork. Drilled to #40. The strut will then be clamped to the wheel bracket and drilled thru these holes into the nose wheel fork and doubler. All 6 holes eventually taken to AN4 (1/4") size.
Drilling angles to upper stop
upper stop assembly installed
6 pilot holes drilled for sturt-to-fork attachment