First time I've touched the plane project in two weeks.
1. It's been bloody hot - like 110-112 just about every day the past week. Sometimes it's just not worth being that uncomfortable.
2. I've been replacing the living/dining room floor (26 x 18) with engineered wood. A lot of time on the knee pads, up n down, etc.
If you're a casual reader of my build log, I'd appreciate it if you'd send me an email just to let me know you read it. I'm not looking for reviews; just curious if anyone is out there. When I built my prior project, I had several dozen folks contact me about it because of this log. Nothing so far on this project.
I had previously drilled the fuel tank for installing the fuel gauge sending unit. Today I installed the sender and attached grounding wires to one of the lugs.
I cut-down the square head of a pipe plug that seals off the fuel return line location on the tank. Installed the fuel drain. Made up a temporary plug to seal the fuel supply port. All this because for the other tank, it was hard to test for leaks when most of the open holes would allow fuel to escape. This time was better, but still had two leaks (big one around the fuel filler hole cuz I didn't seal it with teflon sealer. But, after putting 4 gals of fuel in there, the sending unit did not leak (pic 2 in the as-tested position). Put the "test" gas back in the can for use in my lawn tractor.
Cut a few cork strips for the wing spacers. It was then 106 deg and time to call it quits.