When I originally test-fit the LE skin, I noticed that at the tip of the forward root rib, two rivet holes were in the recess of one of the flutes. I didn't think too much of it at the time. Then, as I was catching up on reading over our Thanksgiving trip, there was an article containing strong advice to ensure that no rivet holes were over flutes.
Have not been able to determine if this is just due to general weakness, or if the LE skin might be pulled down into the flute, causing deformation.
Decided to take a chance. Using a C-clamp, I pressed-out the existing flute, then used my Avery fluting pliers to make a new flute. The end result is seen in the "After" photo below. The Avery pliers just have a narrower width which worked quite well in this instance.