KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

Building Integrity
' style=
Date:  12-15-2014
Number of Hours:  2.00
Manual Reference:  ch 16
Brief Description:  Marco...POLO!

Finding the slop in the aileron system wasn't easy. I had to find a way to isolate the system at every available connection, but I was successful. I found by locking the left aileron, I could move the stick, left and right by almost 1"!!!!!!! SO BAD! The culprit was the left wing root bellcrank that had a lose bearing. My only guess is that this part, being 30 years old now, has just worn from age. Either way, I went over and found the right bellcrank to be much better but still showing it's age. I decided this will ground the airplane until 2 new ones arrive from the Cozy Girls. I'm also going to start the process of swtiching over to a Bellcrank free rudder system. There are several advantages and I'm not happy with the geometry on mine so it's time for change. That also means 50ft. of 1/16 cable will be on order as well. I must say though, that doing small tweaks on the airframe is MUCH more satisfying that taking on a large layup on a NON flying aircraft. Now that I know she flies, I am pumped to make her fly the best she can!
I also went through each part of the system and found areas of binding that were free'd up. This thing is gonna feel so much better on it's next flight. I'm also NOT going to be changing incidence or yaw on ANYTHING until the controls are free, clear and tight.
' style=

lots of play here

lots of play here

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2022 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.