After making sure all the gauges worked and the GPS/Radio combination looked good, I rolled N601EL out of the hangar for the first time since it was completely assembled and inspected. After draining the tanks and maiking sure the wheels were chocked, I stepped into the cockpit and started the pre-flight (or in this case, pre-start).
The engine started within three or four revolutions after I remembered to use the throttle to prime it (I'm using the MA3-SPA).
The Oil Pressure immediately started to rise and Fuel Pressure was at 5 psi. The Tachometer wasn't working so I used the optical tack to determine that I was idling at about 1000-1100 rpm. The Oil Temp didn't show a reading at all during this test of about 3-5 minutes.
At about 3 minutes into the test, white smoke began to appear beneath the aircraft and I could see it from the cockpit. I pulled the mixture control and nothing happened, although it did start to idle a little faster and smoother. After a few seconds playing with the mixture control, I throttled back and after a little while I just shut off the fuel pump and Ignition coils. It stopped.
A review of the white smoke showed a huge puddle of oil dripping from the left exhaust. This was a concern but some additional detective work showed that the Oil Pressure sensor was not tight and was throwing the oil onto the firewall and dripping down onto the left exhaust.