I started working again on the Aerosport Products overhead console in preparation when it gets a little warmer when I can epoxy it to the cabin cover. I match drilled the holes in both access panels to the overhead console with a #30 drill. I later enlarged to a #19 drill. Then using a nutplate jig, I match drilled for a #6 nutplate. I followed up countersinking all the #40 holes for the mounting rivets. I finished by riveting all the K1000-6 nutplates to the overhead. I still need to get nutplates for the corner holes, since the standard K1000-6 won't fit.
I then spent some time getting overhead to fit to the cabin cover. The problem was that since I used Planearound door strut attach brackets, I had to cut a relief notch for them. Once I did that, everything fit perfectly. I knew it would, since Geoff scanned my cabin cover and used that data to design the overhead.
I also cut off the front lip of the overhead per Geoff's recommendation.
I drilled holes for the clecoes to hold the overhead to the cabin cover while the epoxy cures.
I ended the day working on the Bower Aviation elbow for the Ram Air Filter. I needed to extend a couple studs to attach a custom bracket for the throttle and mixture controls. I got one stud installed, but had a problem with the other one. On the way home, I picked up a new stud from the aviation isle at Napa. We'll see how it works tomorrow.