Since all my assistants are out of town, I worked on tasks that were easier to complete by myself. Since it was almost 70 degrees today, I decided to work on my overhead console.
I drilled the four holes for the air vents and for all four general purpose task lights. I placed one between each of the air vents and two in the baggage area. I also installed the hanger bar in the baggage area.
Since this particular overhead had some cosmetic defects, I had to spend some time cleaning the overhead up a bit. Geoff knew that I was painting my overhead and asked if I wanted it, so there were no surprizes.
I also got the elevator trim cables through the multiple holes in the horizontal stabilizer and the elevators. Unfortunately, I can't pull it completely through without assistance. At least the hard part is done.
Close up of one of the general task lights and the hanger bar.