I removed the cowl pin hing cover templates, which exposed the four layers of fiberglass that Brad laid yesterday. I first drill the screw holes through the templates and the fiberglass. I then cut the new fiberglass along the centerline of the the joint where the two cowls meet. Next I installed a K1000-6 nutplate. The last step was to cut out the center of the template area so that the hinge pin can be removed. I still have a little work to do to make the opening more symetrical. Additionally, I have one hinge that doesn't quite line up due to too much fiberglass being underneath the hinge. I'll have to sand that down during the next session.