Brad assited me today in attempting to get the cowl scoop from Rod Bower aligned and fitted today. We didn't accomplish that goal. We are having problems with the control arm of the air filter hitting the new scoop. We taked to Rod late today and he made some suggestions that I'll try in the morning. We did manage to cut an ugly hole in a perfectly good cowl bottom. There is a little bit of a chicken and egg problem. You have to have the air filter mounted to align the new cowl scoop, but you can't adjust the air filter with the new scoop in place. There is quite a bit of trial and error.
I forgot to take a photo with the new cowl scoop in place. It looks quite a bit nicer than the hole in the photo below. There is still more of the original scoop that has to be removed, but at this point in time, I just wanted to remove what is needed to get the cowl in place.