These are starting to turn into weekly entries, since daily entries aren't significant.
I ran out of the correct wire to finish the harness for the panel, so that's on hold until the order from Stein arrives. (hopefully tomorrow)
With all the recent incidents of fuel leaks regarding improper fabrication of flares on aluminum tubing, I decided to play it safe. I'm replacing all the fabricated aluminum lines with teflon, stainless steel braided lines.
Brad spent several hours taking out the fuel system from the tunnel.
While the lines were out of the tunnel, Brad installed some fiberfax ceramic insulation that Geoff gave us. We glued the fiberfax to teh vertical tunnel walls with the supplied high temperature adhesive. We didn't glue to the bottom skin. We figured we would most likely want to remove the bottom insulation in case of a leak or spill so we wouldn't be stuck with foul smelling insulation.
While Brad was doing that, I drilled five 7/16" holes in the firewall for two heater controls, ram air control, purge valve control, and the oil cooler temp contol lines.