KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

RV-7 Construction Log
' style=
Date:  2-5-2013
Number of Hours:  1.50
Manual Reference:  7-10
Brief Description:  Left Aileron

Tonight I started by finishing priming the left aileron counterbalance pipe. I put the pipe inside the house for quicker curing.

I then dimpled the left aileron skins and skeleton parts. The photos show the various setups I used for this task. The DRDT worked fine on the skins except for the forward three on each of the curved ends of the nose skin, and the last 3 on each side of each end of the main skin.

On the top flange of the spar, there was some interference with the anvil on the DRDT (I'm guessing due to a different angle), so I used the pneumatic squeezer mounted in the vise. This setup also worked for the nose ribs and all but the last two holes on each flange of each main rib. For those, I taped a female pop rivet die to a no-hole yoke in the pneumatic squeezer. Worked like a charm.
' style=

Setup for most of skin holes, and bottom flange of the spar.

Setup for most of skin holes, and bottom flange of the spar.

' style=

Setup for dimpling the top flange of the spar, remaining holes in the nose skin, and most of ribs.

Setup for dimpling the top flange of the spar, remaining holes in the nose skin, and most of ribs.

' style=

Setup for dimpling the aft 2 holes on each side of each main rib.

Setup for dimpling the aft 2 holes on each side of each main rib.

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.