Today I predrilled the F-684 gussets along the vertical side, and bent the edges per plan. I then fit and drilled them to the forward fuselage. There's a bit if an issue with edge distance on the bottom hole through the vertical firewall stiffener (photo 2). However, if I had raised the gusset, then the auxiliary longeron holes would have been too close in the bottom edge of the gusset. I chose this option for one hole with an edge distance issue rather than 5. The real solution would have been to raise the hole locations in the vertical leg of the gusset by about 1/16".
I next began prepping the F-902 bulkheads by fluting for straightness, and checking the web angles to be perpendicular to the centerline of the airplane. The instructions have you use a straight edge to check the angles of the webs relative to each other. The only thing I could find that was long enough but not too long was one of the rudder pedal weldments. Both bulkheads required a few degrees of adjustment. I also opened up the rudder cable holes to 5/8", and dished out the narrow aft flanges to clear the cables.
I then located and drilled the holes for the top and bottom tabs on the right F-902 bulkhead where it attaches to the main and lower longerons. With the lower longeron clecoed to the lower tab on the F-902 bulkhead, it is firmly located for drilling after the forward bottom skin gets reinstalled.
I finished up the day by radiusing the top and bottom edges of the right F-7101 gear attach web so that it will nest properly in the lower and auxiliary longerons.