KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

RV-7 Construction Log
' style=
Date:  9-7-2013
Number of Hours:  6.90
Manual Reference:  p 8-5
Brief Description:  Aft Fuselage

My goal today was to get the aft fuselage ready to drill. I got close, but didn't quite make it.

I adjusted the flanges on bulkheads F-707, 08, 10, 11, and 12. It took several iterations on each one to get the flanges to lay flat against the inside of the skins. I also added some curve to the upper 3/4" or so of the F-779 lower tail skin to get all the flanges on the F-710, 11, and 12 bulkheads to lay flat against it.

To get the F-729 bellcrank bulkhead clecoed in, I had to unrivet it from the F-706 bulkhead and adjust the forward flange due to the fact that it was about 1/16" longer than the space between F-706 and F-707 bulkheads, and when clecoed in place held the F-706 bulkhead too far forward for the skin holes to line up.

I also did two iterations of adjusting the tail spring mount slot in the bottom tail skin due to the fact that the mount was holding the aft end of the skin too far down for the holes in the upper edge to line up with the lower holes in the side skins. Opening up the slot helped somewhat, but I think I still need to do some more adjusting of the lower flanges of the F-711 and 12 bulkheads.

Rivets Today: -6
Rivets Total: 9032
' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.