Today I finished trimming the ends of the F-786B & C (2 each) J-channels. I had each one in and out several times, trimming a little each time until I was satisfied with the fit. After the initial cut with a cutoff wheel, I made adjustments with the 6" scotchbrite wheel in the bench grinder. I also used the scotchbrite wheel to cut the notches for the aft inboard corners of the 786B channels to clear the HS attach bars (photo 1).
After looking at the photos, I notice I need to spread the front flanges a bit on the F-711 and F-712s bulkheads. After that, I'll final fit check the tail spring mount and adjust the "mouse hole" in F-779 bottom tail skin as necessary.
Fit of the F-786B J-channels at the F-711 bulkhead.
Fit of the F-786C J-channels at the F-712 bulkhead.