KitLog pro

Powered By Kitlog Pro v2.0

RV-7 Construction Log
' style=
Date:  2-12-2012
Number of Hours:  9.20
Manual Reference:  pp 6-8, 6-9, 6-10
Brief Description:  Elevator Work

Like other builders whose build logs I've studied, I'm building both elevators together to save some time in setting up individual jobs.

Today I removed the vinyl from the inside of both skins, completed both trailing edge bends, final drilled both skins to the skeletons, final drilled the steel control horns to the main spars and root ribs, deburred all skeleton holes and edges, deburred skin edges and inside skin holes, beveled counterbalance skins where the main skin overlaps, and scuffed inside spar and rib rivet lines in both main skins.

On the right elevator, I de-vinyled the outside rib and spar rivet lines, but I thought it would have been better to wait until after priming, so that's what I'll do with the left elevator skin. Since the outside rib and spar lines were de-vinyled on the right skin, I went ahead and deburred those holes.

On the rudder I didn't scuff before priming, just a solvent wipe to prep. That didn't work as well as I thought it might, as I had to reprime some areas where dimpling made the primer turn loose. For the elevators, I'm going to scuff with scotchbrite and solvent wipe in preparation for primer. To that end, I scuffed the inside rib and spar lines on both skins, as well as all left elevator skeleton parts, before I ran out of time.
' style=

Trailing edge bender made by a local RV-7 builder/flyer/retired finish carpenter.

Trailing edge bender made by a local RV-7 builder/flyer/retired finish carpenter.

' style=

Very good fit on both elevator horns.

Very good fit on both elevator horns.

' style=

Deburring... 'nuff said.

Deburring... 'nuff said.

' style=










Copyright © 2001-2019 Matronics. All Rights Reserved.