I spent the first 15 minutes of today's session with a quick re-assembly of the top end of the rudder to verify that the R-912 will still fit if installed properly. It does!
I received the HS-707 from Van's to replace the one I discovered bent and misdrilled last week. I trimmed 1/8" off the nose and relieved the radii between the web and flanges, finished the edges and straightened the rib before reassembling it into the skeleton for final drilling. Everything went fine this time.
I also fixed a mis-drill on the bottom of the left HS by adding a rivet hole to either side of the bad one. I think I'll go ahead and dimple and rivet the bad one when the time comes.
While I had the HS skins out, I went ahead and edge finished both of them. All HS parts are now ready for cleaning for priming.
Replacement HS-707 trimmed, edge finished and fluted.
HS-707L ready for final drilling.
Bottom of left HS misdrill repaired by adding two more rivet holes.