Brief Description: New Lens and the lost is found!
Went to work on making a new landing light lens today but this time using Acrylic vs. Lexan. It turned out great and will be MUCH easier to clean up scratches down the road when they arrive. AND what do you know!...I found the hidden hinge spring. A new hinge was made for the small door. However, I am tempted to fly the aircraft and see if closing off the hole gives any performance increase at all. It is a little of a complex install, more than I thought and I don't know how to avoid the 2 doors rubbing on each other which would be a paint finish nightmare. Anyway, time will tell. I got to get this bird in PRIMER!