7 hours today spent carving, contouring, cuting and glassing...what else is new. :) Anyway, was able to get all that foam out of the inside leaving 1/2" all the way around. I then took the dremel and cut along my tape line and removed the hatch. I was pleasantly surprized to see that the 1/2" stayed true in almost every area just from eye-balling it. I did cheat a couple times and used a nail with tape on it at the 1/2" line to check depth in a couple spots :) The hatch came out great. Plenty of room to access the batteries and everything else up there with ease. I followed Eric Cobb's build log in prepping the hatch for glass and used 2 plies bid on the interior. I also noticed in his log that he recommended 3 plies of glass on the outside of the nose vs. the plans 2 plies. Makes sense so I may add a layer of Uni for extra strength.For now the glass will cure overnight.