Brief Description: Proper rigging and clearance issues
The left wings conduit and glass job worked perfectly well. I removed the peel ply, added more heat shielding and RTV to finish it up. I then repeated the process on the right wing. While the right wing sat to cure I started assembling the pushrods for the ailerons and making all necessary adjustments to get full throw at both stops. This took a LOT of time. In the end I reflexed the ailerons by 1/64" which should allow them to be compressed in flight and rid of the U-joint Slop. Good reports have come from those who reflex so I'm game. I then moved on to the rudder cables that exposed an issue that used up the rest of my day. The control system is VERY specifically per plans with no changes other that using Ball Bearings vs Phenolic, however the pushrods made contact with the rudder cables! I tried a few things then decided I had no choice but to change the cable geometry from the plans by adding a few washers UNDER the pulley brackets and moving the swaged end on the bellcrank OUT to the hole that was meant for the brake master cylinders. Even though I now have great clearance, it has its consequences. The most obvious being that I now have LESS movement on the pedal to actuate the rudders, affectively making them more sensitive. HOWEVER, I jumped into the cockpit and tried them out and can Barely notice the difference so I'd say this was the best fix for the issue. ALSO, not to be forgotten, my DAR Bruce Bolton came by for a preliminary inspection and it was a delightful experience. I need a few labels and placards but everything else looked good! Best compliment ever! Tomorrow, the control system will be finalized and prep for cowling construction will begin!