Brief Description: Left wing adjustments and prep for heat shield
Well I got to the hangar and quickly made the needed changes to the left aileron torque tube and bellcrank in order to achieve the right angles and correct throws. However I soon realized that my pushrod was going to be JUST barely too long for a correct setup and remembered that the right wing pushrod was ever so slightly shorter and so swapping the pushrods may solve the dilemna. Well, when removing the right wings pushrod I also noticed that the stop bolt was at a very bizaare angle facing in towards the wing root. Did the previous builder REALLY screw this up? Well, after removing the brackets I found that I had swapped them accidently and simply exchanging one bracket for the other lined things up nicely. Thank God! EZ fix. I then swapped out the pushrods and now both ailerons come to the stop bolts at EXACTLY 21 degrees up with the bellcranks sitting at 90 degree angles! BAM! now both will have identical throw AND Linear throw without any exponential affects which are REALLY noticeable when performing a roll. Finally, I cleaned up the inside of the wing root and added one section of heat shielding until the rest goes in tomorrow. I had enough time to make up the left rudder cable as well at the cable that will attach to the firewall bellcranks. I will terminate these after the wings are on. Last task for the day was installing the teflon hinges into the left rudder which of course was super ez. Good day and tomorrow I will finished up this wing and be ready for the friday installation!