Brief Description: Left fairing added and pants removed
I decided to try one more thing before attempting the devilish left fairing. I put all 200lbs of sand bags on the outer left portion of the strake and found that it did help a little. I'm thinking Mr. Klauses airplane has some squaty gear on it. The only satisfactory position I could clamp the fairings down in would include a mismatched end. I filled the bulging fairing with micro as I intend to use the DA to completely sand off the carbon and cut it down to the micro. This area is right next to the lower fairing so contouring would need to happen anyways. Ugh. I also installed the Nav Antenna under the fairings in Micro. I read the manual and it states that the antenna WILL work inside Carbon Fiber but I have my doubts. Unfortunately this is the only place I really have to put it without doing surgury somewhere else on the plane. I'm crossing my fingers. I also went ahead and removed the wheel pants, cleaned them up and found the hardpoint flox beds to be perfectly executed and cured. Success! I will wait a full 3 days before taking the DA sander to the Skirts for shaping. I may even resort to the fein and a sanding block. One mistake with the DA and I could sand through my brake line. That would ruin a day for sure.