Brief Description: Sanding work / finished polishing lower aft skin
Today I accomplished several "feel good" items.
1. Finished sanding the Metal Putty on the left cowl half; had sanded most of the rivet lines, so I finished that up.
2. Sanded the right cowl half that I had previously only coated with Nitro-Stan, the prior putty that I wasn't that crazy about. Will apply the first coat of Metal Putty later.
3. Sanded the Nitro-Stan off the vertical stab tip. I noticed that I probably didn't need to do amy puttying on it if I aggressively sanded the mold lines. Very pleased with the outcome.
4. Sanded the Nitro-Stan off the right horizontal stab tip. As with the veritical, I decided to just sand a new contour along the mold line. Came out well.
5. Finished polishing the lower aft skin. I only had about 1 foot remaining (the wide part). That buffed up well. I then re-polished a middle section that, when previously polished, just didn't look as good as the other areas. I also re-did the last 1 foot of the narrow part of the tail. Examining my work, that middle section that I re-did still didn't look that great, so I changed out the buffer bonnets, and used the next-finer grade of polsih, "C" (prior work was with "F"). That brought a decent shine to it.