Well, knowing that they say you're *never* really done, I'll proceed with my George Bush "Mission Accomplished" moment here anyway.
Today I drove the final spke (well, OK, cotter pin) in the airplane. I re-rigged the ailerons. First, I braced the control sticks in the wings level position, then re-adjusted the rod-end bearings to ensure their even-ness.
Then I installed the retention hardware, installed the cotter pins, and tightened the jam nuts.
At this point, about all I can do is additional polishing to kill the time. I'm scheduled to have the plane weighed sometime this week; just waiting on the call from the instrument shop (they're also going to perform the transponder certification).