Started the day by putting another coat of paint on the sanded wheel tips. Bought a tack cloth to clean things up as well. This time, however, there was some peel-up of underlying paint; will let it dry for a few days before doing anything else.
Next, I used some filler putty to go over the seams of the wheel pants. This stuff sands off pretty easy, but has to dry a bit first.
The lower cowl attach points using piano hinge were done as per plans. Since I have an AeroVee engine, I had to install an exhaust shield right where a gap existed to allow insertion of the retention pins. I trimmed-off two eyes of the piano hinge and made up new hinge pins for the current configuration.
Lastly, on my last tech inspection, the counselor noted that I had used nylon ty-wraps around the pushrod tubes where I was supporting the oil temp and EGT wires. He said it was OK, but that they might melt. Today I removed all the nylon that was touching the engine and used safety-wire to create "standoffs". I then used ty-wraps to secure the wires to the safety wire so that the risk of cutting thru the wires was reduced.