In no special order, the things accomplished tonight.
Drilled a 15/64ths hole thru the front of the cowl and thru the "tab" I made out of glass mat. Enlarged the hole in the tab to 11/32nd" to mount the Southco retainer.
Trimmed the outboard shop heads on the lower firewall hinges. These were hitting the lower motor mount, preventing the hinge pin from being fully inserted.
Trimmed the upper firewall strap portion of the fiberglass cowl to meet the line I measured and marked last week for the windshield. Drilled holes for the Southco studs. Tested the studs on the right half of the cowl. This will required some further adjustment since I'm using springs and "no-mar" washers under my studs, so the studs have to be a bit longer.
Positioned and drilled the hinge rivet holes to hold the fuel filler door to the right cowl portion. Countersunk the cowl for the rivets.
Drilled 11/32nd" hole in the cowl for the fuel filler door Southco stud that will hold the door closed.
Performed some further sanding adjustment on both cowl halves to remove some interference with the prop hub. Good clearance now.
Test-fit the air cleaner. Looks like minimal trimming will be required of the hose that connects the carb to the intake.