After re-thinking things and corresponding with Sonex, all is well.
I discovered that although the rocker mounting blocks were oriented correctly, I didn't know that the rocker shaft was also enlarged on one side to accomodate a shoulder on the rocker arm mounting stud. This allowed the shaft to fit into position with no issue with as little as 1 shim.
Using the PDF file instructions on setting the rockers provided by Sonex, I evaluated each swivel foot, then disassembled the rocker shaft 3 times to move shims around and to recheck the alignment. All is now well on the right side.
I have evaluated the left side, and some minor shim movements will be required there as well.